Year of construction: 1863
Architecture: Serbo-Byzantine with gothic and renaissance elements
Location: 1, Studentski Trg (1 Students` square), Stari Grad district
Nearby: Students Park, Faculty of Philology, Museum of Ethnography, Kolarac People's University, Serbian Academy of Arts and Sciences, Monument to Njegoš, House of Aron Levi, Stamenković House, Ulica Kralja Petra (eng. "King Peter's street"), Belgrade Fortress, Knez Mihailova street, Old Town Hall (now building of the Film Archive), Vuk and Dositej Museum, Bajrakli mosque, Gospodar Jevremova street
Moreover: Captain Miša Anastasijević was a wealthy 19th century merchant, one of the richest in Serbia, and was commonly known as the Captain of Danube. He gave this exeptional building to the authorities for educational purposes, as a part of his legacy. Now, it houses the headquarters of Belgrade University. At the time when it was built, it was the most impressive structure in the city. Even nowadays, it remained one of the most beautiful buildings. It is declared as a cultural monument of exceptional importance. It is surrounded by academic institutions - the Faculty of Philosophy, and the Faculty of Philology. Across the Students' Park it overlooks the Faculty of Mathematics and Chemistry.
Find it on the map ↓