This oriental looking self-standing one story building houses the precious collection of belongings and documents of two greatest Serbian reformists, Vuk Karadžić (considered as the father of Serbian language) and Dositej Obradović (enlightener and first Minister of Education).
One of the oldest houses in Belgrade is Manak's house. It is located in Savamala historical district. Some argue that it was built as a post office during the reign of Prince Miloš Obrenović. Later it was converted into a tavern. Now it forms part of the Museum of Ethnography.
Originally, summer house of a merchant, Djordje Pavlovic, was used after the Great War (WWI), from 1919-1921, as the residence of King Peter (at the time he already passed the crown to his son, Alexander) because the Old Palace was severely damaged. Peter Karadjordjević died in this rented house, in 1921.
Konak Kneginje Ljubice (eng. "Princess Ljubica Residence") is a building of exceptional significance. Prince Miloš (ser. "Knez Miloš") built it for his family after proclamation of the Hatti-Sheriff in 1830, which granted Serbia's autonomy. Princess Ljubica was his wife, and after her the palace got its name.