This oriental looking self-standing one story building houses the precious collection of belongings and documents of two greatest Serbian reformists, Vuk Karadžić (considered as the father of Serbian language) and Dositej Obradović (enlightener and first Minister of Education).
The oldest tavern in Belgrade, and one of the oldest edifices is located in a wonderful surroundings of the Cathedral Church of St. Michael, the building of the Patriarchate, Princess Ljubica Residence museum and King Peter's street. Architecturally, it stands out, together with Princess Ljubica Residence, being constructed in a traditional Balkan profane style, and it contrasts with classical buildings in the neighbourhood.
Konak Kneginje Ljubice (eng. "Princess Ljubica Residence") is a building of exceptional significance. Prince Miloš (ser. "Knez Miloš") built it for his family after proclamation of the Hatti-Sheriff in 1830, which granted Serbia's autonomy. Princess Ljubica was his wife, and after her the palace got its name.