Quick Menu

Church of the Holy Virgin Mary, also called "Ružica" (eng. "Little Rose"), was founded in 15th century in the lower part of Belgrade Fortress during the Serbian Despotate and the…
The Church built in honor of St. Petka, great Balkan Christian-Orthodox ascetic, is located in lower part of Belgrade Fortress.
The Serbian-Orthodox Monastery "Vavedenje Presvete Bogorodice" (eng. "Presentation of Holy Virgin Mary") is the only complex of such kind in Belgrade urban area.
The Cathedral Church of St. Michael, in Serbian called "Saborna Crkva", was built in 1845, and it is facing the building of the Patriarchate, in the vecinity of Belgrade Fortress…
This Serbian Orthodox church was built in 1834, as an endowment of Prince Miloš Obrenović. It is located in Topčider park.
Church of St. Alexander Nevsky was being built between 1912 and 1929. The construction was interrupted because of the Great War (WWI).
St. Mark's Church is located in the centre of Belgrade, in Tašmajdan park. It was built on the place of the old St. Mark's Church, which was constructed in 1830's.
It was the year 1594. Serbian lands were under the Ottoman rule for quite some time. They burned St. Sava's relics to break people's spirit and prevent future uprisings.
Vaznesenjska church ("Church of the Ascension") was built in 1862, during the reign of Prince Mihailo Obrenović. It is a five-domed church with detached bell tower.
Top
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…